The most effective way of boosting the value, level of comfort, and aesthetic appeal of your home is through home improvement. Home improvement can range from simple home remodeling projects to comprehensive home renovation. It could mean replacing low-efficiency or deteriorating doors, windows, siding, and roofing, or revamping your bathroom, kitchen, patio, and other areas of your house with a whole new look.
When considering a sunroom installation, one of the most commonly asked questions we get from our customers at Marshall Brothers Home Improvement is how long it will take to build one. With over a decade of experience building gorgeous sunrooms for homeowners in Memphis, Tennessee and beyond, we’re always happy to help people understand what goes into remodeling your home with a gorgeous sunroom addition.
To begin, we’ll go over the short answer to the question “how long does it take to build a sunroom,” and then we’ll get into the long one.
Duration of Building a Sunroom: The Short Answer
As you’ve probably guessed, determining how
long it might take to build your sunroom is almost impossible without an
in-home visit and consultation with an experienced and professional contractor.
How long it takes to build a sunroom addition varies on a case-to-case basis,
as there are a number of factors that will affect the duration of the project—Including
external factors and the skills of the remodeling company that you will hire.
To find out an accurate estimation of how long it might take to build a sunroom on your property, you’ll need to arrange a consultation with a sunroom construction company like Marshall Brothers Home Improvement. The best contractors offer free, no-obligation pricing estimates in your home to determine the cost and scope of your project, and can answer any questions you have about the process during this meeting.
How Long Does it Take to Build a Sunroom? The Long Answer
As mentioned in the last section, the length of time it takes to construct sunrooms isn’t possible to answer without an evaluation of your home’s setting, and a combination of several factors. Aside from the weather condition which can affect any type of construction project, below are some of the most common factors that go into estimating the length of time it will take to complete your project:
- Home Remodeler’s Sunroom Installation Schedule: With the increasing popularity of sunrooms and other types of home improvement projects, it is pretty normal for home remodelers to be fully booked for weeks. So if you’re already decided to get a sunroom addition and the specific type of sunroom, aim to immediately get scheduled on for the next available date in order for the project to be accomplished quickly.
- Building Permits and Codes Can Affect the Timeline: Just like other types of construction projects, a sunroom installation involves some paperwork. Permits and building codes on the structural integrity, health, and safety are required and getting approval on these also varies depending on your location. Of course, without getting these permits first, your contractor wouldn’t be able to start building your sunroom addition.
- Preparing the Site and the Foundation: In some cases, you wouldn’t need to build a new foundation for the construction of the sunroom because the existing structure will do. However, if the remodelers need to build a concrete slab because the structure that you have does not meet the requirements of the local building code, it might take some time to prepare the site. Site preparation may involve excavation, pouring of cement, leveling, removing some landscape, and moving outdoor fixtures.
- The Construction Phase of the Sunroom: Once the site preparation and the establishment of the foundation have been completed, the construction phase comes next. Obviously, the time it takes depends on the size and complexity of your sunroom installation. The design of your sunroom and the location where you plan to build it will play a large part in how long it takes to build. If the existing structure—perhaps on your existing patio or an adjacent bedroom does not meet the requirements of your local building codes, a new concrete foundation must be built. Of course, this means that a project which involves building a new structure will take longer to complete than one wherein an existing foundation can be used.
- Type of Sunroom and Added Features: Sunrooms are highly customizable. Adding features, details, and finishing touches depend on your personal preferences and the purpose of the room. Installing an HVAC system, tiled flooring or carpet, efficient windows, and other features an all season room will take longer than it would to simply build a screened-in porch enclosure, for example.
The Most Trusted Home Remodeling Company for Sunroom Installation
In recent years, sunroom installation has become one of the most popular types of home improvement projects for homeowners all over the country. Sunrooms are the perfect way for you to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors while still protecting you from the harsh weather conditions and other external elements. Whether you’re interested in an air-conditioned all-season room, a three-season room, a conservatory, or another kind of sunroom addition, it is also a great way to add space to your property without spending as much as you have to when constructing a new room the traditional way.
If you are looking for a reliable home remodeling provider, Marshall Brothers Home Improvement is the company you can depend on. Since 2011, we have provided top-quality sunrooms and other renovation services for homeowners in Memphis and throughout Tennessee. In fact, we have obtained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and earned other industry-related awards and accolades for our outstanding service and commitment to our customers.
Some of the many different types of sunroom addition constructions that we offer include:
If you want to learn more about our services, call or email us today. You may also schedule a free in-home consultation and estimate with one of our Marshall Brothers representatives by filling out this online form.